Are you looking for a tube amplifier and feel a bit confused and overwhelmed with the wide selection available? Are you having difficulties with choosing one of the brands now on the market, so you feel like you need a bit of guidance and help from a professional? Well, the experts at Top Tube Amplifier will be more than happy to share the information they have with you, so all you have to do is to check out their official website. Until you do that, we would like to share some tips and tricks on how to make a wise selection. Here they are.
1. Bring your instrument- Numerous beginners commit this mistake: they test the tube amplifier they feel attracted by with a guitar found in the store, one that seems to match the guitar they have at home. Well, it’s not the same thing! Bring your own guitar to test the tube amplifier, otherwise you might end up spending a lot of money on something that simply doesn’t work with what you have at home.
2. Size does matter! Tube amplifiers come in different watt combos and it is important to choose something that perfectly matches the space in which you practice. It will be a waste of money to buy a 100-watt amplifier, for example, if you only need it for home recording and your home is just an apartment.
3. Don’t ignore distortion! Many ignore distortion, which is a huge mistake as well! Distortion is usually generated by three sources: the speakers, the power amp and the preamp. Overlooking the power amp distortion is a problem because this is actually the source of what guitarists call the low-end chunk.
4. Don’t forget about speakers. Even though we didn’t put speakers as number one tip on our list, you should know that they represent the most crucial component of a tube amplifier. Different sized speakers come with different characteristics in which concerns the tone, so you should make a choice that perfectly matches the amplifier’s wattage rating.
5. Addition features. It is always wise to consider the additional features that the tube amplifier comes with. Built-in effects, for example, represent a great choice if you are interested in a no-hassle amplifier. You should also consider effects such as digital reverb and even delay, as there will be situations in which they will prove to be useful.
As you can see, there are plenty of details to consider when you buy a tube amplifier for the first time. This is the reason why we recommended you to check out the official Top Tube Amplifier website. The experts there will also help you select the best budget tube amplifiers on the market, so here’s one more reason why you should check them out. Numerous beginners have turned their attention to this website and they are now happy with the investment made, so it is clear that the professionals at Top Tube Amplifier know what they’re doing. They can help you, so trust them!